- Category: Management
“Iyinisiw” means “wise” in Cree. It is our goal to achieve the ultimate benefit for our customers, our industry and our people in a sustainable manner.
Iyinisiw Management Inc. provides engineering and contracting services to the pulp and paper industry. We offer engineering and contracting solutions to our customers that include construction, installation and commissioning, as well as project management. We also perform equipment and system maintenance, de-bottlenecking, and facility upgrades. Please visit www.iyinisiw.com for additional information.
Job Code: HSFMC
Reports to: This job reports to the Site Supervisor.
Location:Port Mellon, BC, travel will be required from time to time.
- The Material Controller's function is to ensure on-time delivery of correct material jobsite. The responsibility includes coordination, liaison with others, documentation, material identification, storage and distribution.
Duties and Scope of Services
- The Scope of Services shall cover but not limited to the provision of following:
- Coordinate material and equipment deliveries in accordance with construction planning and scheduling requirements.
- Work closely with procurement expeditor to convey the job site needs and priorities for prompt expediting.
- Liaise with transport coordinator to keep track of material and equipment en-route to job site.
- Expedite and obtain document required for material and equipment received.
- Maintain reference files on purchase orders, layout drawings showing equipment received and installed, and utilizing plant drawings to develop equipment takeoff by job number and platform/pipeline.
- Review delivery sequence for each area and compare with job requirements to meet the construction schedule.
- Develop a list of potential problems that may results in late deliveries of materials and equipment and advice Procurement Expeditor.
- Obtain information and trace shipment to job site to ensure prompt delivery.
- Maintain and update delivery list.
- Issue reports as required and develop field priorities when requesting expediting pieces of equipment on a single purchase order.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in Material Controller of various construction materials by specifications such as pipes, valves, fittings, structural steel, electrical components, cable, conduit, tubing and fittings
- High School and or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Conflict management skills and Time management skills
- The ability to work both as part of a team and independently
- Knowledge in a functional capacity of the engineering project environment
- Ability to make routine decisions within established guidelines and procedures
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- High level of MS Office skills
- A valid driver’s license
Please send your resume in Word or pdf format to us and include “HSFMC” in the subject line. Due to the high volume of applications, please understand that we will only contact those candidates who have been short-listed for this opportunity.
Please apply by email or Fax at 604-249-3983.